Saturday, November 15, 2008

Do You Love 2-Tone? Now You Can Smell Like It


Well, it was bound to happen I suppose. I mean, I do love all things related to 2-Tone, but I think I might draw the line at buying a fragrance named after my favorite musical movement. Nevertheless, I don't fault the good people at Ben Sherman (one of my favorite clothing lines) for developing and marketing a men's fragrance and naming it after Jerry Dammers' brainchild. In fact I'm surprised no one had thought to do this sooner.

So just what does 2-Tone smell like? According to Ben Sherman it smells like "An invigorating blend of cool, clean lemon, green mandarin, grapefruit and juniper berry giving way to warm base notes of precious woods, amber, musk and tonka, 2TONE gives an invigorating lift to a laid back yet sophisticated fragrance, perfectly suited to the Ben Sherman man." Hmmmm. I always thought 2-Tone smelled like sweat and stale beer, but in a good way. I'm pleased to know it has hints of grapefruit and juniper berry.

If you get a bottle of the stuff (I don't believe its available here in the U.S.) let me know how it works with the opposite sex.

No comments: