Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Brand New Music From Bigger Thomas: "Under A Super Moon" EP



This year not only marks the 25th anniversary of my band Bigger Thomas, which we celebrated earlier in the year with the release of "Ska In My Pocket: The Biggest & Bestest of Bigger Thomas," but it also has represented a musical renaissance of sorts for me and my fellow Bigger Thomas band members. Between Bigger Thomas and our new musical project Rude Boy George, we've spent more time in rehearsal and recording studios during the last six months than we have over the last six years!

To further celebrate being a part of the upcoming 2-day, Apple Stomp ska festival here in New York City this coming weekend, we have just released "Under A Super Moon" which is a 2-song EP of brand new music on the Electric Avenue label (more on that soon). We have also recorded and contributed a cover of The English Beat's "Sole Salvation" for the forthcoming Specialized 2: Beat Teenage Cancer CD that will benefit the Teenage Cancer Trust in the UK. The two CD collection of 44 tracks worth of songs is now available for pre-sale.



The title track of the EP, "Super Moon" was inspired by and is dedicated to the memory of Tommi Infamous, the singer of New Jersey ska band Bomb Town.  The last time I saw Tommi was at a show we played in Brooklyn with him on the night of a Super Moon in March, 2011. Tommi was DJing and chatting over records and we were playing a live show. I watched his set after we performed. He was funny and weird and doing his thing. We caught up during a long subway ride back to Manhattan and talked about the unusually large and bright moon in the sky that night and how it might be affecting aliens, werewolves and animals!  The conversation stuck with me and I wrote lyrics to the song inspired by that unusual night.  Little did I know that it would be the very last timeI would ever see Tommi.

The "Under A Super Moon" EP is available as a digital download for $2 from Bandcamp.  My band mates and I hope you will consider giving it a spin and maybe even buying it (the price is right!).  Many thanks for your consideration!


No comments: